Appointments & Referrals
Active duty personnel stationed at Fort Eisenhower are assigned to a Primary Care Manager (PCM) where you are required to get all of your medical care. Any care that your PCM can’t provide (other than emergency care) requires a referral; this includes urgent care. To schedule appointments:
- Call Eisenhower's central appointments line 706-787-7300 or use the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal. (The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is only available to those enrolled to an MTF)
- If you’re unable to go to your PCM or military hospital or clinic, you’ll need a referral or prior authorization to seek outside care with a network provider. An example may be an emergency or when your military hospital or clinic is closed. See below for more information.
- If you’re on leave away from your duty station and you need routine or urgent care:
- You must still have a referral from your PCM.
- If after hours, call the Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273)
- You must call your PCM the next duty day to inform him/her of care you received
Access to care
If you need care at Eisenhower Army Medical Center, the priorities for getting appointments are identified in Department of Defense policy and listed below:
- Active duty service members
- Active duty family members enrolled in TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Young Adult - Prime Option
All others can get care if space is available after Eisenhower Army Medical Center has met the health care needs of the categories listed above within DOD access standards. This includes:
- Active duty family members enrolled in TRICARE Select or TRICARE Young Adult – Select Option
- Retired service members and their eligible family members
- DOD civilians and contractors
All patients, including those listed for space-available care, can continue to visit our emergency department
and fill prescriptions at any of our pharmacies
How do I find a civilian provider?
The TRICARE East and West Networks have established a network of qualified providers in across the Continental US for TRICARE beneficiaries. To find a provider near you, search the [insert one: TRICARE East
or TRICARE West
] Network Directories
Managed Care-Consult Referral Management Center (CRMC)
To provide referral service to our beneficiaries.
Overview of the Referral Process
When your Primary Care Manager (PCM) recommends a routine referral for consultation with a specialty care provider, you can call the Consult and Referral Management Office (CRMC) office to check on the status of your referral at 706-787-6261 option 2 and leave a message with your name, contact number and a good time when you can answer a call. You should allow 24-48 hours after your PCM places the consult into the referral system for processing before calling the CRMC.
Active Duty (AD) and Tricare Prime beneficiaries have priority access to specialty care available within Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center (DDEAMC). Tricare rules require that if the care you need is available within a military treatment facility (MTF), and space is available, you will be referred there first. CRMC staff will assist you with the booking of your initial appointment.
Prime Network Referrals
If your recommended care is not available at DDEAMC, you will be referred to a network provider. In most cases this will be to a provider in the local community. Humana Military, the Managed Care Support Contractor for Tricare in the Augusta area will send you an authorization letter within 7-10 business days.
The authorization letter will provide you with the details about your referral including:
- The name and address of your specialty provider
- The type of care authorized
- The length of time you are authorized to receive that care
- The type and number of visits you are allowed before you need another referral
If you do not receive your referral, please call Humana at 1-800-444-5445. You can also visit tricareonline.com
to view your authorization information. *Please note that it is each beneficiary’s responsibility to schedule network appointments.
Medicare/Standard/Direct Care Network Referrals
If you are enrolled in Medicare or are a TRICARE Standard beneficiary and the care recommended by your provider is NOT available at DDEAMC, you will be contacted by mail with a copy of your referral and a list of local providers. You can simply call the provider of your choice and schedule a referral. If they ask for additional information, please call the CRMC 706-787-6261 Press option 2 and leave a message with your name, contact number and a good time when you can answer a call. Because you do not require a Tricare authorization, you may use a network participating provider of your choice*Please note that it is the beneficiary’s responsibility to schedule network appointments. Any cost shares or deductibles for your civilian medical care are your sole responsibility.
If you are seen outside of DDEAMC, please have the network provider fax the record of care to the DDEAMC Results Coordinator Office at 706-787-7201.
706-787-6261 Option 2 (leave a message with your name, contact number and a good time when you can answer a call)
Mon - Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.